To give a boost to pubs and clubs across the area, the Redditch & Bromsgrove branch of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) is organising three Beer & Cider Weekends across Redditch, Bromsgrove and Droitwich to encourage drinkers and families to get back out and visit their local pubs.
CAMRA is providing a series of pub trails around participating pubs. Each weekend there will be a treasure hunt around selected pubs with lots of prizes including a day trip for a family of six on narrowboat Cecilia, kindly donated by the Worcester – Birmingham & Droitwich Canals Society.
Silver and gold winners for each of the three weekends will be entered into a prize draw to win the star prize of a narrowboat trip.
Bronze, silver and gold winners will then be entered into the prize draw (pulled out of a hat) to win the remaining prizes.
Submit your answers
Download the Treasure Hunt
You can find pub opening times, features, facilities, and get directions at WhatPub.com then submit your answers below.
Droitwich Beer Weekend (7/8 August 2021) Download
Redditch Beer Weekend (14/15 August 2021) Download
Bromsgrove Beer Weekend (21/22 August 2021) Download
Bronze Certificate awarded for 5 to 10 correct answers
Silver Certificate awarded for 11 to 15 correct answers
Gold Certificate awarded for 16 or more correct answers
We are indebted to our kind sponsors
Gold and Silver winners Star Prize Draw:
- A family day trip on narrowboat Cecilia (1 for each weekend) for a family of 6
– donated by the Worcester Birmingham & Droitwich Canals Society
Bronze, Silver and Gold winners Prize Draw:
- A £10 gift voucher (2 donated) to be used at the Royal Oak, Catshill – donated by the Royal Oak Catshill
- A Wye Valley Selection Pack of five bottles (3 donated) – donated by Wye Valley Brewery
- Bottle of Berich-bernkastel sparkling wine and a £30 gift card and a to be used at the Golden Cross, Bromsgrove – donated by the Golden Cross, Bromsgrove
- A meal for two up to the value of £20 to be used at the Old Cock, Droitwich – donated by the Old Cock, Droitwich
- A presentation case (3 donated) of three Woodcote Brewing Co beers – donated by Woodcote Brewing
- A £10 voucher (2 donated) for take-out beers from the Weatheroak Tap House – donated Weatheroak Brewery and Tap House
- A Purity Goody Bag including a brewery trip (3 donated) – donated by Purity Brewing
- A £25 gift voucher to be used at the Gate, Bournheath – donated by the Gate Bournheath
Maps and Trails
Download a poster for your pub
Event Organiser Dave Wheeler said “There was no way we could run the Bromsgrove Beer & Cider Festival under the current restrictions, and felt it was only right that we should leave the task of providing Covid-safe places to enjoy a beer or cider to the professionals, i.e. our local publicans, as they have the knowledge and experience for operating under the current restrictions. So we would like to encourage pubgoers and their families to get back out to their local pubs, enjoy some great local beers and ciders and provide some much-needed support to an industry that has suffered more than most over the last 15 months”.
Pubs and Breweries
Any pubs or breweries that would like to be involved can contact Redditch and Bromsgrove CAMRA firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is being run by Redditch and Bromsgrove CAMRA
- The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age (Members of the organising committee are excluded from the prize draw but can submit entries for the certificates).
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- A maximum of one entry for each weekend per individual is permitted.
- The prize draw is free to enter. How to enter
- The prize draw will close at midnight on 31st August 2021. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
- To enter the prize draw complete the entry for at rb.camra.org.uk/weekend
- Redditch and Bromsgrove CAMRA will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
- The prizes are listed at rb.camra.org.uk/weekend
- Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
- The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- The decision of Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified on or after 1 September 2021 via the email provided at entry.
- Certificates will be sent as a PDF attachment via the email provided at entry.
- We will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
- If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and we will reserve the right to choose and notify a new winner.
- The prize will need to be collected from an address provided that will be in the Redditch, Bromsgrove and Droitwich area.
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA’s Privacy Notice.
- Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- On receipt, all responsibilities relating to warranty and the product are that of the prize winner.
- Redditch & Bromsgrove CAMRA reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
Why not like and post to our Facebook page